BizDock is associated with a large set of plugins. The plugins implements various data integration patterns to map the BizDock data model with almost each and every system which may be used in your product life cycle management.
Plugin administration (Integration)
→ To get access the Plugin administration, the permission ADMIN_PROVISIONING_MANAGER_PERMISSION is required.
The administration of BizDock Plugins is available via the “Admin” menu. It orchestrates, synchronises and manages all the interfaces between third party applications - open source (SVN, Jenkins, Redmine…) or commercial (Jira, Jama Contour…) - and BizDock Master Data.
Activate a Plugin
- Go to the Available plugins (under the Plugins menu) page where you can see the list of all available Plugins,
Some plugin couldn't be directly activated from BizDock: they don't have the “Activate” button.
- Click on the “Activate” button for the Plugin you want to activate,
- Choose a name for the Plugin (as you may create multiple instances of the same Plugin),
- Click on the “Register” button: the Plugin is now activated. You now need to configure and start it.
Plugin configuration and management
Select the Plugin in the Active plugins' page (under the Plugins menu) you want to configure or manage.
- Plugin description,
- Current status of the Plugin. The possible values are: STARTED, STOPPED, STARTING, STOPPING,
- A link to the Plugin definition page
- Start / Stop buttons: Plugin are started and stopped asynchronously.
- Plugin admin commands: each Plugin could have some specific commands that are available here if any.
- Unregister the Plugin: delete this Plugin instance and all related configurations.
- Plugin configuration: each Plugin could have one or many configuration files that come with some defaults value (it's possible to reset these values in case a modified configuration is not valid). They can be:
- Properties file: key/value pair
The Plugin configuration can be exported/imported to/from an XML format. Simply use:
- to export the configuration
- to import it after having selected the configuration file
All the Plugin-specific admin commands and configuration are explained in the respective support page of each Plugin.
Some system plugins can not be removed/started/stopped. In this case, an “Auto-register” lable is diplay.
Each Plugin provides an audit Log of all the events. Events level can be:
- INFO: provide information about normal functioning of the Plugin,
- ERROR: error during the execution of the Plugin. By default, only these events are displayed in the logs table.
- Filter and columns selection: allow to add filter and select the columns visible in the table.
- Refresh: reload the list of events manually
- Purge Logs: simply empty the list of logs