Employee and Org Unit
What is an Employee?
An Employee is a person who was hired to work for a firm / company. He/she can be an internal employee or external (e.g. consultant). He/she does not necessary have access to BizDock and can simply be referred within BizDock (as a Stakeholder for example).
An Employee could have a Manager (another employee who acts as hierarchical superior of the Employee).
An Employee could be part of an Organizational Unit.
An Employee could have Competencies attached to him.
An Employee type is used to categorize the employees. The default types are listed below:
What is an Organizational Unit?
An Organizational Unit (also noted Org Unit) represents a human ressources structure. This structure can be defined as a:
- Sponsor e.g. can sponsor an Initiative,
- Delivery Unit e.g. can participate in the delivery of an Initiative.
An Org Unit could have a Manager that is an Employee.
As the company is represented as a hierarchical structure, an Organizational Unit could have Children Org Unit(s) and a Parent Org Unit.
Organizational Unit type
A Organizational Unit type is used to categorize the Org Unit. The default types are listed below:
- Country: a country branch of a company,
- Division: the top level organizatonal unit which is headed by a VP attending the executive committee,
- Department: organizational unit child of the division level,
- Team: organizational unit child of the department level or the team level.
See Organizational Unit page for a list of all the standard Org Unit's attributes
Example of a typical organizational structure