View basic data
All sign-in Users could see the basic data (Details link) of all Employees.
View full details
Here is the needed permission to display the full details (Initiatives, Portfolios…) of an Employee:
- The user has the permission ACTOR_VIEW_ALL_PERMISSION, or
- The user has the permission ACTOR_VIEW_AS_SUPERIOR_PERMISSION and he is the manager (direct or not) of the Employee.
Here is the needed permission to update (add, edit or delete) an Employee:
- The user has the permission ACTOR_EDIT_ALL_PERMISSION.
An Employee has the following set of attributes:
|Active?||Status of the Employee. If an Employee leaves, this flag should be unchecked and his name will be strikethrough.|
|Employee ID||A free identifier of the Employee|
|Fist name||First name of the Employee|
|Last name||Last name of the Employee|
|Unique ID||ID that would be used as username for BizDock. This allows to make the link between an Employee and a BizDock User.|
|Title||Job title of the Employee as registered in the HR system|
|E-mail of the Employee|
|Mobile phone||Mobile phone number of the Employee. No specific format required|
|Fix phone||Fix phone number of the Employee. No specific format required|
|Type||See Employee type for more details. The Employee types could be managed in the administration area.|
|ERP ref ID||Reference ID of the Employee in the company's ERP system|
|Org unit||Org Unit of the Employee|
|Manager||Manager of the Employee|
All Employee's data can be seen via the Employee identity card.
- Employee's attributes
- Employee's competencies, see details below
- Employees who are part of the same Organizational Unit
An Employee could have a set of Competencies, with one as the principal.
The principal Competency is used in the Capacity simulator of the Roadmap.
To edit the Competencies of an Employee, click on the edit icon in the Competencies panel:
- Check the wished Competencies,
- Click on save,
- If there is exactly one Competency checked then it is forced as the principal,
- If there is more than one Competency checked then the principal one should be manually selected thanks a new displayed form.
- All Initiatives/Releases for which the Employee is either the Manager or a direct Stakeholder
The “Stakeholder type(s)” column represents the role(s) of the Employee for the Initiative/Release, it is filled only if the Employee is a Stakeholder of it.
- All Portfolios for which the Employee is either the Manager or a Stakeholder
The “Stakeholder type(s)” column represents the role(s) of the Employee for the Portfolio, it is filled only if the Employee is a Stakeholder of it.
The allocation's pages contain all information about the allocations of the Employee:
- The allocations for the Initiatives/Releases
- The allocations for the Activities
A Gantt chart with all current or future allocations of the Employee is displayed.
Only the allocations for which the “end date” exists and is today or in the future are displayed.
Displaying rules for each entry:
- If the corresponding allocation has a “start date” and an “end date” then the entry is represented by a bar with the number of allocated days, else (only an “end date”) by a diamond
- The label is:
- The Initiative/Release's name and the Package's name for Initiative/Release's allocations (the Package's name is displayed only if the allocation is associated to a Package)
- The Activity's name for Activity's allocations
- The color is:
- Amber for non-confirmed Initiative/Release's allocations
- Green for confirmed Initiative/Release's allocations
- Blue for Activity's allocations
The Gantt chart is displayed only if there is at least one allocation.
The 2 allocations' tables are displayed in the details' page, the first is the Initiatives/Releases and the second the Activities.
Only the allocations for which the “end date” is not filled or is today or in the future are displayed. For the Activity's allocations it's possible to display all (including the past ones) by clicking on the icon .
The management of the Initiative/Release's allocations is done from the Initiative/Release identity card.
The management of the Activity's allocations is done directly from this page. This is possible to add, edit and remove them. An allocated Activity has the following set of attributes:
|Activity||The Activity for which the Employee is allocated.|
|Days||Number of days for which the Employee is allocated.|
|Start date|| If the Resource corresponds to a period then the start date should be given.
If the Resource has a single date then the “Start date” should be empty.
|End date|| If the “Start date” is given then the “End date” should be filled and corresponds to the end date of the period.
If the “Start date” is not given then the “End date” could be filled: if settled then the Resource has a single date, else it is not dated.
The capacity's page allows the fill the planned Employee's capacities for each month. The values should be expressed in man days.
By default the current year is displayed. It's possible to navigate from a year to another with the browsing form on the top of the page.
- All Timesheets of the Employee with review capabilities.
Some particular permissions are required for the Timesheets:
- To display the details of a Timesheet, the permission TIMESHEET_APPROVAL_ALL_PERMISSION or TIMESHEET_APPROVAL_AS_MANAGER_PERMISSION is required.
- To review a Timesheet, the same permissions are used, except that if the user has the permission TIMESHEET_APPROVAL_AS_MANAGER_PERMISSION he should be also the manager of the employee.
Review a Timesheet
To approve or reject a Timesheet from the details view, the manager should add a comment if necessary and click on the “Approve” or “Reject” button. The Timesheet is also settled to the new corresponding status and a notification with the decision and the possible comment is sent to the Employee.
Add a new Employee
- Go to the “New” menu then “Employee”,
- Complete the various Employee's attributes (at least the first and last names) and Save,
- The new Employee is now available.
A new Employe is by default active.
Edit an Employee
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Modify the Employee's attributes and Save,
- The Employee data have been updated.
Deactivate / reactivate an Employee
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Check / unchecked the “Active?” flag to activate/deactivate the Employee,
- The Employee's status has been updated.
Delete an Employee
- Click on the “Delete” icon ,
- Confirm that you want to delete the Employee. A Employee can not be restored once deleted. If you delete one by error, you will have to re-create him.
- The Employee is deleted.