View basic data
All sign-in Users could see the basic data (Details link) of all Org Units.
View full details
Here is the needed permission to display the full details (Initiatives, Allocation…) of an Org Unit:
- The user has the permission ORG_UNIT_VIEW_ALL_PERMISSION, or
- The user has the permission ORG_UNIT_VIEW_AS_RESPONSIBLE_PERMISSION and he is the manager (direct or not) of the Org Unit.
Here is the needed permission to update (add, edit or delete) an Org Unit:
- The user has the permission ORG_UNIT_EDIT_ALL_PERMISSION.
A Organizational unit (also noted Org Unit) has the following set of attributes:
|Ref Id||An free identifier of an Org Unit|
|Active||Status of an Org Unit. If an Org Unit does not exist anymore (following for example a re-organization), this flag should be unchecked and its name will be strikethrough.|
|Can sponsor||Define if an Org Unit can sponsor an Initiative/Release|
|Can deliver||Define if an Org Unit can participate to the delivery of an Initiative/Release|
|Type||See Organizational unit type for more details|
|Manager||The responsible Employee of the Org unit|
|Parent||the parent Org Unit. Only the top org unit should not have a parent|
|Children||All the Org Unit that have the selected Org unit as parent|
All Org Unit's data can be seen via the Org unit identity cart.
- Org Unit's attributes,
- Org Unit's children,
- Org Unit's members.
Only the active Employees are displayed under the table “members”.
- All Initiatives/Releases for which the Org Unit is acting either as a sponsoring or delivery unit.
The allocation's pages contain all information about the allocations of the Org Unit:
- The allocation requests for the Initiatives/Releases
- The allocations of the Org Unit's Employees for the Initiatives/Releases
- The allocations of the Org Unit's Employees for the Activities
A Gantt chart with all current or future allocations of the Org Unit's Employees is displayed.
Only the allocations for which the “end date” exists and is today or in the future are displayed.
Displaying rules for each entry:
- If the corresponding allocation has a “start date” and an “end date” then the entry is represented by a bar with the number of allocated days, else (only an “end date”) by a diamond
- The label is:
- The Employee's name and Initiative/Release's name for Initiative/Release's allocations (the Package's name is also displayed in the bar if the allocation is associated to a Package)
- The Employee's name and Activity's name for Activity's allocations
- The color is:
- Amber for non-confirmed Initiative/Release's allocations
- Green for confirmed Initiative/Release's allocations
- Blue for Activity's allocations
The Details page has 3 tables:
- The list of allocation requests for the Initiatives/Releases (allocations that are directly associated to the Org Unit)
- The list of allocations of the Org Unit's Employees for the Initiatives/Releases with filtering capabilities
- The list of allocations of the Org Unit's Employees for the Activities with filtering capabilities
It is possible to add an Activity allocation for an Org Unit's Employee by clicking on the add icon . The wished Employee should be then selected from the Org Unit's Members.
In the Initiative's allocations for the Employees table it is possible to confirm a set of allocation: simply select them and click on the button “Confirm”.
Org Unit management
Add a new Org Unit
- Go to the “New” menu then “Org unit”,
- Complete the various Org Unit's attributes (at least its name) and Save,
- The new Org Unit is now available.
Edit an Org Unit
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Modify the Org Unit's attributes and Save,
- The Org Unit data have been updated.
Deactivate / reactivate an Org Unit
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Check / unchecked the “Active?” flag to activate/deactivate an Org Unit,
- The Org Unit's status has been updated.
Delete an Org Unit
- Click on the “Delete” icon ,
- Confirm that you want to delete the Org Unit. A Org Unit can not be restored once deleted. If you delete one by error, you will have to re-create it.
- The Org Unit is deleted.