Here is the needed permission to display all the details (except the financial part) of a Portfolio:
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_VIEW_DETAILS_ALL_PERMISSION, or
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_VIEW_DETAILS_AS_MANAGER_PERMISSION and he is the manager of the Portfolio, or
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_VIEW_DETAILS_AS_STAKEHOLDER_PERMISSION and he is a stakeholder of the Portfolio
Here is the needed permission to update (add, edit or delete) a Portfolio:
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_EDIT_ALL_PERMISSION, or
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_EDIT_AS_PORTFOLIO_MANAGER_PERMISSION and he is the manager of the Portfolio
View financial part
Here is the needed permission to display the financial part:
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_VIEW_FINANCIAL_INFO_ALL_PERMISSION, or
- The user has the permission PORTFOLIO_VIEW_FINANCIAL_INFO_AS_MANAGER_PERMISSION and he is the manager of the Portfolio.
The financial part of a Portfolio is the deviation boxes inside the Overview page. The financial data are provided by the Initiatives/Releases of the Portfolio.
A Portfolio has the following set of attributes:
|Active||Status of the Portfolio. For a Portfolio that is not active anymore, this flag should be unchecked and his name will be strikethrough.|
|Ref ID||An free identifier of a Portfolio|
|Name||The name of the Portfolio|
|Type||A type used to categorize the Portfolio|
|Manager||Responsible Employee of a Portfolio|
The Portfolio overview page is composed by:
- A summary of the number of active Initiatives/Releases in the Portfolio,
- Financial KPIs that sum up all the Budget and Cost to Complete of all active Initiatives/Releases,
- A list of Initiatives/Releases with a Red latest report status,
- And a list of late or soon-to-be late Milestones
The Portfolio details page is composed by:
- Portfolio's attributes
- The Stakeholders of the Portfolio
- The active Initiatives/Releases that are part of the Portfolio
Add a new Portfolio
- Go to the “New” menu then “Portfolio”,
- Complete the various Portfolio's attributes and Save,
- The new Portfolio is now available.
Edit a Portfolio
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Modify the Portfolio's attributes and Save,
- The Portfolio data have been updated.
Deactivate / reactivate a Portfolio
- Click on the “Edit” icon ,
- Check / unchecked the “Active?” flag to activate/deactivate the Portfolio,
- The Portfolio's status has been updated.
Delete a Portfolio
- Click on the “Delete” icon ,
- Confirm that you want to delete the Portfolio. A Portfolio can not be restored once deleted. If you delete one by error, you will have to re-create him.
- The Portfolio is deleted.
Stakeholders of a Portfolio
The stakeholders of a Portfolio allow to add easily an Employee to all entries of the Portfolio.
A Stakeholder of a Portfolio has the same permissions on the Portfolio's entries than a direct Initiative/Release stakeholder.
Add a Stakeholder to the Portfolio
- Click on the “Add” icon inside the “Stakeholders of the portfolio” table,
- Select an Employee and a role, then click on Save,
- The Stakeholder has been added.
Edit a Stakeholder of the Portfolio
- Click on the “Edit” icon inside the “Stakeholders of the portfolio” table for the wished Stakeholder,
- Modify the Stakeholder's attributes and Save,
- The Stakeholder has been updated.
Delete a Stakeholder of the Portfolio
- Click on the “Delete” icon inside the “Stakeholders of the portfolio” table for the wished Stakeholder,
- Confirm that you want to delete the Stakeholder,
- The Stakeholder is deleted.