Create an Initiative / Release
→ To create an Initiative, the permission PORTFOLIO_ENTRY_SUBMISSION_PERMISSION is required.
→ To create a Release, the permission RELEASE_SUBMISSION_PERMISSION is required.
|Confidential||A confidential Initiative or Release is not public and could be seen only by authorized users.|
|Name||The name of the Initiative or Release.|
|Description||The description of the Initiative or Release.|
|Portfolio||The Portfolio to which the Initiative or Release belongs.|
|Type||A type is used to categorize the Initiative or Release. The Initiative types and the Release types could be managed here.|
|Life cycle process||The proposed Life Cycle Process for the Initiative or Release.|
|Manager||The proposed manager for the Initiative or Release. By default the current user is selected.|
|Document||A document that describes the scope of the Initiative or Release. It could be either an uploaded file or a link.|
All the data can be changed after the creation of the Initiative or Release. BizDock comes with a set of pre-configured reference data (like Initiative types, Release types or Life Cycle Processes) that can be personalized.
The page is composed by 2 areas:
- On the left: the standard attributes listed above
- On the right: the configured Initiative/Release custom attributes
After clicking of the “Submit” button, the following operations are automatically done:
- The Initiative/Release is in Concept state,
- A Governance ID is automatically given (it represents an incremental ID),
- And if a Portfolio has been selected, the Portfolio Manager gets a Notification that a new entry has been added to his Portfolio